1. How long will the required steps take?
If you complete the program steps in a timely manner, the initial application approval and measures identification (SOW) process can take up to approximately 1 month depending on the availability of the Service Provider. Following the approval of your Statement of Work, you’ll have 120 days to complete your lighting upgrades. Once the lighting upgrades are complete and the Request for Payment and Completion Notification form are received (within 5 days of completion), payment can take up to 30 days.
2. Is there a cost for the Lighting Audit?
There is no charge for the lighting audit that is performed by one of our approved Service Providers.
3. Where can I find a list of Qualified Service Providers in my area?
You can find a list of Qualified Service Providers here.
4. Can I still apply for this program if I am not an NB Power customer?
Yes, you can still apply for this program. On the Registration Form, you will indicate the name of your utility provider and the account number.
5. What if I have multiple meters/accounts?
Upon registration, you must apply for each account/meter number separately.
6. How is the incentive calculated?
It is an equation of the energy savings per kilowatt hour multiplied by $0.17 kWh to a maximum of $10,000**.
**Incentive cannot exceed the lighting measures cost (labour not included) on the Statement of Work.