Small Business Lighting Program
Upgrade your business’s lighting by March 31 and you could win the cost of your ENTIRE project!
We’re offering a special contest for businesses taking advantage of this fantastic program.
If you complete your upgrades by March 31, you’ll be entered to win the cost of the entire upgrade, including labour, up to an additional $10,000!*
With your upgrade completely paid for, you’ll be able to sit back and watch your savings roll in.
* No purchase from NB Power necessary. Contest runs from Wednesday, January 30, 2019 to Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 5:00p.m (Contest Period). Contest is open to eligible Small Business Lighting Program participants who are either presently enrolled and actively completing upgrades in the program or register, and complete their lighting upgrade by March 31, 2019. There is one (1) prize available, consisting of the value of the participant’s energy efficient lighting upgrade performed under the Small Business Lighting Program, up to a maximum value of $10,000. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. The selected entrant must answer a mathematical skill testing question and sign a release. Full contest rules are available here.
Benefits of energy efficient lighting
- Lower energy costs
- Offer your customers a better experience
- Increase safety with greater visibility
- Create a better work environment for employees
- Reduce the time and costs of maintenance
Does your business or building qualify? Here’s what you need:
1. Must be an NB Power General Service I or II customer or a commercial entity as categorized by Saint John Energy, Edmundston Energy, or Perth-Andover Light Commission with an account in good standing;
2. Building electricity consumption less than 150 MWh/yr;
3. Building must be at least two years old; and
4. You must own, manage or lease the building.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1 Apply
Complete and Submit the online application form. We’ll review and confirm your participation within a couple of weeks.
Step 2 Schedule lighting audit
Once you hear from us that your application is approved, you can contact a qualified Service Provider. Service Providers are lighting companies that will help you complete the steps of the program.
Step 3 Statement of Work
Your Service Provider will provide a Statement of Work and all of the necessary information on your lighting project. We’ll review this and confirm the proposed measures.
Step 4 Approval
After we approve the work you’ll have 120 days to complete the lighting project.
Step 5 Request for Payment
Sign completion notification form and send by email to NB Power with the signed Request for Payment form and supporting documents.
Step 6 Site Visit and Payment
An NB Power employee may request a site visit to verify the upgrades. Once your information is received and approved you’ll be issued payment for your incentive. This may take up to 30 days.
For complete program information, visit the Program Guidelines.